A great big thank you to Nourish for this nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Nourish has been one of the sites that has had significant influence on my blogging. Nourish began around the same time as The Dragon’s Picnic and I ended up learning a whole lot from you both and enjoy your interesting articles as well as the delicious food posts. You have a wonderful blog which has definitely inspired me!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. After receiving the nomination, the blogger has the honor of writing a post that thanks the nominator, answers some fun questions, and nominates more bloggers for the award.
Here’s what the nominees have to do:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award and ask them 11 questions.
- Notify the nominees in the comments of one of their posts.
- Include the request and logo of the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
Here are the questions from Nourish:
- What is one positive thing that happened in 2020?
With respect to my job, I was fortunate to be able to move from the office and work from home. I usually have a lengthy commute into work which I have not missed at all and, as an introvert, lots more time by myself was not unwelcome!
2. What are you looking forward to in the New Year?
Hopefully more progress with dealing with Covid which would mean the opportunity to travel home to the UK for a visit.
3. How will you be celebrating New Year’s Eve?
In a low key and quiet way although there will definitely be something pink and bubbly as part of the plan.
4. Follow up to #3: are you planning on staying up until midnight on NYE?
Unlikely …. and I am not even sure if that would be possible! I am definitely an early morning person and often start my day between 4:00am and 5:00am so midnight is almost time to get up!
5. Best recipe you tried in 2020?
A one pot red lentil and sweet potato stew with coconut cashew cream. Anything with sweet potatoes is usually a winner for me!
6. Best book you read in 2020?
The Salt Path by Raynor Winn which is about a couple who, just days after learning that one of them is terminally ill, lose their home and livelihood. They decide to walk the 630 miles of the South West Coast Path of England. With very little money for food and shelter, they carry the essentials on their backs and it is an amazing story of survival and rediscovery in unexpected ways.
7. Favorite blog post you’ve ever done? (Feel free to link it!)
Cycling the100km which was an account about overcoming a fear to reach a goal. It was a brief synopsis of what had been a challenging few years learning to get back on the bicycle after a serious accident.
8. If you could travel anywhere (when it’s safe to, of course), where would you go?
There are so many wonderful countries where I would love to experience the food, culture and natural landscapes. Currently, I am looking at a cycling trip through Europe.
9. What is something you do take care of yourself?
Strenuous exercise. I find maintaining a regular exercise schedule, whether I feel like it or not, goes a long way to regulating my mood, finding balance and generally feeling more inclined to be creative and do something constructive with my time.
10. What do you hope readers get out of your blog?
This is a good question and it is something that I will be giving some more thought but, in general, I would say that I hope that my readers feel inspired to try a plant-based meal.
11. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The focus it provides. It enables me to work on a number of my favourite interests which include research, writing and photography. It is an added bonus that I can interact with other bloggers and be a part of this amazing creative network.
Thank you again to Nourish. My nominees are:
- Anne the Vegan
- Bowl of Yum
- Asha’s Kitchen
- Plant Based Persian
- At my Kitchen
- My Virtually free-from Kitchen
- Dad’s Dinner Diary
- Foodie Quartet
- What did you learn about yourself during 2020?
- Do you have any specific goals for 2021?
- Do you prefer your food sweet or savoury?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Do you have an all-time favourite book or film?
- If you could eat only one food/meal for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- What mantra or quote inspires you?
- What motivated you to write a blog?
- From your experience blogging so far, what is the most important tip you would give to a new blogger?
- Have you found any other social media helpful to your blog?
- If you could spend the day with either your great great grandparents or your great great grandchildren, who would you choose and why?
Thank you to everyone who has supported my blog during the past year and I wish everyone a very Happy New Year for 2021.